• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning up system after move

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froz

I moved and my pc has been drained for 2 1/2 weeks now. The tubes are pretty clouded up perhaps some corrosion in the blocks. I read somewhere that a small amount of bleech can be run through or even mr. green floor cleaner. is that true?

Thanks,
Froz

Well I did th "sol" job. pinesol/lysol. did a pretty decent job on the tubing but the blocks still have some white gunk in them. perhaps the hydrogen peroxide is a better idea?

been there down that had rma my antec PSU and had to leave my watercooling drained... any way i reinstalled it and were getting temps of about 150 F anyway after several other trys i finally thought of my copper water block being corroded, so i went on line to see what i could find about cleaning coper, and as it turns out ketchup cleans corrosions... so i filled my copper waterblock up with ketchup and my temps came down to normal (summer) levels, but just make sure you get the whole thing filled with ketchup and then you also get all the ketchup out, you may have to fill it up serval times and then rinse it out

GOOD LUCK

Back