• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth Upgrading Graphics?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

razor2003

Registered
First My specs:
Pentium 4 2.8c @ 3.2 Ghz,
Abit Ic-7 G Mobo
1024 Geil PC4000 Ram
120 Gb Hdd
Geforce Ti 4400 Video card.

Now, i play games on this computer. I have an opportunity to upgrade either the Cpu or the Video Card.

Cpu to a 3.0 so maybe i can oc more

Upgrade ot an athlon 64

Get a better Graphics card.

Tell me guys what you suggest.
Also if i was to get a new graphics card, what model do you suggest. I prefer to stick with nvidia but any suggestions accepted

Well budd, seems like we're in the same chair.

I'm with a 2.8 prescott currently, along with 1 gig of ram and an msi ti4400 with a customized mod and good speed.

Currently I'm considering the the 6800 NU from gigabyte, seems like the best way to go right now.

The Ti4400 is maxed out with my processor, and the 6800 surely wouldn't be maxed out with a 2.8, but would make a huge difference in DX9 apps and games.

Cheers, Flix

get the graphics card...without a doubt. ull see a MUCH BIGGER improvment in games with a better card then you will a better processor...and your processor isn't slow at all.

Ok, I cant Oc my Proc Higher.
If i do i get unstable windows. Freezes and blue screens.

I have watercooling BTW.

I would say your graphics card is the weakest point just now.

A GeForce 6 or ati X600/X800 type card would probably show the best gaming improvement.

David said:
I would say your graphics card is the weakest point just now.

A GeForce 6 or ati X600/X800 type card would probably show the best gaming improvement.

I agree

Back