• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI/NV Silencers coming!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i couldnt wait , i just got a rev2 for 12.50 shipped with a lapping kit for my 9800pro. didnt want the rev3 because of the new pci plate, and i didnt want to wait for rev4 cuz i dont like how cheap this stock hs is.

im pretty sure thats the point, it would be hard to make a heatsink that would make good contact with the gpu along with 8 ram chips, and i don't think have its a good idea to cool a gpu and 8 ram chips with one heatsink, it would put extra heat on the gpu or ram, which ever is cooler, come on guys give AC some credit im sure they know what they are doing ;)

Last edited:
bobmanfoo said:
im pretty sure thats the point, it would be hard to make a heatsink that would make good contact with the gpu along with 8 ram chips, and i don't think have its a good idea to cool a gpu and 8 ram chips with one heatsink, it would put extra heat on the gpu or ram, which ever is cooler, come on guys give AC some credit im sure they know what they are doing ;)

Just so long as it has room to put my own ramsinks under the hsf, I don't have a problem with it. If there's no room tho, I'm sticking with my stock Leadtek HSF, which does cool the ram.

bobmanfoo said:

Yea I had my concerns about that. Im glad it isnt on one plate. Cuz the NV40 core is one hot little mofo

bobmanfoo said:

By "cooling" the RAM I think he meant having a cooler that blows air over the RAM chips/heatsinks.
I'm going to wait before I buy a new VGA Silencer because the one I have now is really loud on high speed and loud on low speed.

im gonna buy one for my 9700pro i think because i really want 400mhz on the core i dont see y they dont bring one out like the VGA sliencer 1,2,3 but all copper i think that would be alot better IMHO

im sure it would be better, but that is alot of copper, which means alot of $$$

I was thinking the same thing about the copper bit. Even if it did cost more, which it would, I would still choose it over alum.

I've got the Rev3 on my 9700 and it works like a charm. Allot quieter then my stock fan to, but my bearings were going out in my stocker.

Woot finally its coming!! :) ya i can soon get back to good OC speeds on my card hehe.

haha, you are very right about that. I have always felt ripped off having an xt with no vga silencer on it. finally my day is here! i mean near... thanks again :thup:

they are already available in germany. the ati silencer 2,3 and 4 do also cool the ram (see link for pics).
also the nv silencer 2 and probably 3 too. they dont say it in the text, but it looks like it...
-->pc-cooling.de

Back