• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual xeon system gone screwy - help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
first of all, here are my system specs:
iwill dpi533
2 x 2.4 intel xeon
550 watt fortron psu

okay, i have been getting some errors when trying to load windows so i decided to try to reinstall. after that failed, still giving me the error like this:

the bios in this system is not fully acpi compliant. please contact your system vendor or visit http://www.hardware-update.com for an updated BIOS. if you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS or the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup...

i decided to try to reset the cmos via jumper switch to see if starting from scratch in the bios config would help. after switching the jumper to the reset position and then back, the system will not even power on. the few lights in the system turn on when power is plugged in, but nothing happens when i use my switch on my case. i tried to do the screwdriver trick to "jump" the mobo to make it start and that didn't work either :( i just checked to see if i could jump the psu and it started up fine.

at the moment, i have removed the battery and disconnected the power in hopes that it will reset itself.

any help i could get would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Try this? From Iwill tech site, don't know if you have anything in that slot.
VD133 When installing windows 2000 on my VD133 motherboard, I receive the following error: STOP: 0x0000000A5 (0xFE503C30, 0x00000014, 0xFE50E3DC) the ACPI BIOS is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification.
The 5th PCI slot on VD133 will conflict with Windows 2000 ACPI function, and will show the error message while installing. Please remove the PCI device controller card on the 5th PCI slot to another PCI slot.

well right now, the system will not even power up at all. the power supply seems to be fine (i can jump it and it turns on) but the system will not boot when i hit the power button...

When you jumped the Cmos did you unplug the power supply from the wall or motherboard ?

diehrd said:
When you jumped the Cmos did you unplug the power supply from the wall or motherboard ?

i think that i might have forgotten to unplug the power supply... i really need to not work on computers at night... :bang head

at the moment, i can get it to turn on, however, the screen is black and i do not get any beeps unless i leave the system on for a while then i get a long beep then silence and this repeats.

update: i now have it all fixed :) it turned out it was the ram being stubborn :)

p.s. - diehrd rocks :attn:

Back