• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding this case's intake?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RingWraith2086

My case is at the bottom of the post. From the 2 pictures you can kind of get an idea of what the inside and outside of the front look like. I was wondering what you think I should do to the front to improve airflow. I have 2 80mm Antec Smart Fans on intake right there, but I think the airflow is kind of inhibited by the grill. Should I try to cut it off, do something else, or leave it how it is? I also have 1 side 80mm intake, 2 80mm exhaust in the back, and a 120mm blowhole.

Attachments

• 11-156-145-05.jpg
    11-156-145-05.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 11-156-142-28.jpg
    11-156-142-28.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 142
I would leave the plastic as is but cut 80mm holes where the current steel grills are located.

You need to cut out all the metal grills. They kill your airflow. You could also think about upgrading the intake to a 120mm fan and the exaust to a 92mm fan (a 120 will not fit on the inside due to door). This will cut down on fan noise and push more air.

one mod that is becoming more popular is to put a 92mm fan on the right side of the case that blows into the other side of the harddrive cage, that would realy help to

I already did cut out the metal grills in the front 2 intakes and the 2 exhausts on the back. So you think that just with the grills gone, there is sufficient airflow in it how it is? As I post this, my case temp is 35 and CPU is 59.

Back