• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

S/pdif

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbsg

Registered
aggh, I love these boards, But I also love to hate em. LOL
Iv used lanparty's in every single build from day one. This is my first ultra-b board, and I get tons of static when using S/PDIF out. Anyone wanna help me?
I looked at dfi.com and read FAQs, but they didnt help.

Replace the southbridge sink. That thing gets 2.5x hotter than my northie at stock voltages on no overclock with no air moving. It may help, it may not. I dunno otherwise.

Also update to the latest nvidia drivers.
I had alot of static/lag when overclocking over 240 fsb, then I updated the drivers and everything was fine. I second the replacement for the southbridge heatsink.

Lol

Yea SB heatsink with DFI Mobos! DFI Rocks! :bang head

Lanparties and Infinities have sb sinks... They are little more than an aluminum 10-fin sink held on with some kind of sticky adheasive - not tim or thermal adhesive. Truth be told. it works really well on my audigy2. It actually gets warm with it on held on by the stock adheasive.

What do you mean by tons of static? Is it really loud or just an annoying hiss?

Yeah the sb heatsink gets real warm at high speeds. I would get a decent size heatsink for it. I cut up an old pentium heatsink, gave it a rough lap, and glued it on with arctic silver adhesive. I also have the side case fan blowing on the southbridge/agp area so it's actively cooled.

Back