• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help quick on a new nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

I got my nf7-s last thursday and it was all fine until I flashed the bios to the one with a 25 in it's name, anyway it won't boot anymore and I tried to use my other board ( the one in the sig) and it would do the same thing, so I switched monitors, nothing happened, then I got an ati rage pro from compusa and no boot, so then I went to a friends house and tested ram, psu, video card and cpu, they all work on his ak35gt\r which I built for him, it has the kt266a chipset. I need help, how can too totaly different boards give the same result, I tried switching ewverything but hd,floppy,cd-rom and cd-rw. What can I do.

I don't know when I'll be able to see this post again because I don't have another pc, so just keep replying eventhough I don't respond.

Thanks a lot.

Bruno

check ALL your connections to make sure nothign came loose. also, try resetting CMOST, move jumper from 1-2 to 2-3 for about 15secs. could be that you killed your BIOS chip, but that should be worst case senario right now.

I got my old board running but it still not working right, The NF7-s won't work at all, The old board will work only if it's not screwed in to the case. Anyway the NF7-S is going back to newegg tomorrow, I'm tired of spending money and time trying to fix\get it working.

Thanks for the help

Looks like a bad BIOS flash...
I suggest purchasing a BIOS rescue kit... that will let you restore the BIOS and use the board again.

Even though the board is going back to newegg, I'm interested in that rescue kit. What does it do?

wow, if the board seizes to work when you put it in case, then it could be a grounding problem. Make sure the board is not making any metal contact with anything in the case as this can lead to shorting your board...

Yeah that's what I though it was so I went to compusa and got a new case and that's when the older board started working again, there was a brass standoff under it not letting the pc boot up, but I didn't have the same luck with the nf7-s I think the bios flash went wrong and it's now messed up and I don't think that voids the warranti does it? anyway I didn't want to order another bios chip so I decided to send it back and get a board that I know will flash to an updated bios without any problems.

Anyway thanks for all the help. The last 72 hours without knowing what was wrong with the pc and not being able to get here were very frustating.

Hope the board is replaced soon since I just ordered a mobile, new ram and the south bridge hs.

you said you got it from newegg.....they are great with RMAing, so contact them and they will be more than happy to send you a replacement.

All ready got a number, I never RMAed anything before but it was pretty simple and it's going to newegg today, but eventhough I only had a chance to have the board for a couple of hours I can see what is so great about it, I finally got my T-bread A to 2.2ghz.

I've heard alot of probs from peeps flashing to the 25bios. It would boot for me basically asfar as the bios then stop. I went into it and loaded optimized settings and it booted fine, then I put in my bios settings and haven't had a problem since.

Back