• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Read This: Vital Information!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morpheus

Grandfather of Crunchers Senior
I wanted everyone here to know that Daniel~ has resigned his postion with the forums... :( :( :(

As he was/is our team founder that is an especially difficult situation for the team.... IF Daniel withdraws (wich I have no idication whether he will or not) from the group, I believe the group ceases to exist....

If our group dissolves, we MAY be able to re-form, IF the roughly 575 members that are not in the forums decide to re-sign up... (some have been inactive for up to 9 months)...

Additionally, we will lose about 60,000 "displaced" workunits... (WUs that were crunched by folks no longer on the team)... if it were to happen today it would put us in 94th place overall....

I am sorry to share all this bad news... :(

Last edited:
No worries - the team will always exist regardless of whether the founder leaves. I founded a team that now has no members, but it's still on the Berkely server - just with no units in it.

Why is Daniel leaving? Leaving his position as a forum moderator doesn't mean he has to resign from the team too.... I don't see the connection to be honest.

that's GOOOODDD NEEEWWWS!!!

I was very worried. Not that I think Daniel would want to be destructive to the team, it's just that one can never second guess a situation that involves ethics & moral responsibilities...

Daniel leaving is a nasty enough mess...

I don't think Dan is the type of guy to terminate the team, without warning. I'm sure he'll get in contact with someone regarding the whole thing, if he plans on not being the leader of the team anymore.

Dan

Isn't Dan the owner of overclockers.com? If he is just 'leaving' the forums then I don't see why he would have to leave SETI or remain the head of your team. If he is leaving overclockers.com it should still be possible for him to lead the team if he wanted.

Cy

Actually Skip, Joe, and Ed are the owners of overclockers.com. But I sincerely don't think there is a thing to worry about Kris, Dan would not do such a thing. I think Dan will come back I think he may be taking a much needed break for a while from OC.Com, as Ed had mentioned earlier Dan does still have full run of the boards, he is a senior member. I think all will be well and shall work out in time.

It would be a shame to see Dan leave forever, with never a word.

J

SpeeDj said:
Actually Skip, Joe, and Ed are the owners of overclockers.com. But I sincerely don't think there is a thing to worry about Kris, Dan would not do such a thing. I think Dan will come back I think he may be taking a much needed break for a while from OC.Com, as Ed had mentioned earlier Dan does still have full run of the boards, he is a senior member. I think all will be well and shall work out in time.

J

I do hope your right.

SpeeDj said:

J

We all need a break from time to time that is cool Just hope its not the perm type.

Maestro

nope... Daniel is gone, to that I can attest.. I would be VERY VERY VERY surprised to ever see him post in these forums...

In fact, I think it would be against his personal sense of ethics to do so...

I will miss him greatly...

Kris... I think you are right when you say Dan is never coming back, and we both know why.

However, I am just as sure that he would NEVER hurt the seti team, as that would be hurting members and a good team of statspeople lead by yourself.

I will miss him greatly.

Back