• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Someone Help Me?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

merlin704

Registered
First off system specs.

AMD Duron 700@784
ECS K7VZA Rev 3.0 w/KT133A
256mb of Micron PC-100
Geforce 2 GTS 32mb DDR 230/380
SB Live! Value
Western Digital 20gb ATA 100

I was curious if there was a way for me to get more than just an 84mhz increase when I overclock. Right now its running at 7x112=784. I have tried everything to get it to go higher but it won't. If anyone has anything to help please let me know. Thanx for your time.

Why don't you try setting the FSB at 133MHz ? I think your CPU has a good chance to run at 933MHz without even bothering to unlock the multiplier (yes, I know the unlocking won't help your because the board doesn't allow multiplier adjustements).
You also need to increase the voltage to 1.85V by shorting all the L7 bridges on the CPU. Be sure you know what you're doing. Good luck !

WOW !!! Instant reply !!!
If the board only allows FSB up to 112MHz, then you have a KT133 not KT133A board. I also have a Duron 700 + Abit KT7 (the chipset without "A"), and the max FSB I could achieve was around 110-112; Luckily for me this board rocks and I was able to overclock my CPU to 1.15GHz via multiplier (and that mandatory voltage mod, of course...)

it has the Kt133A chipset..its the Rev 3.0 K7VZA..the Rev. 1.0 had the Kt133

Back