• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Had heat issues with ATi 9700, looking at new cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bradleyland

Registered
Ok, so I'm having some pretty bad heat issues with my Sapphire 9700 Pro and am considering just moving up to a new generation card. My case temps are normally around 27 C. My 9700 Pro starts to artifact after 2 hours or so of BF:1942 and almost immediately when playing DOOM 3.

What I'm interested in hearing is if anyone is having artifacting issues with their stock X800 XT or 6800 GT cards. I really don't want to drop $400 on a video card only to have it present the same problems.

I'm looking at a PNY 6800 GT from GameVE.com, but I've heard that BGF is the way to go for nVidia cards. Can I expect better quality from BFG than I can from PNY? One of the main problems with my current card is the RAM (etrontech). I hear that it's pretty low quality and can't handle the stock speeds of the 9700 Pro, so Sapphire released a BIOS flash that actuall slows the card down. Major BS in my book. I'm not interested in repeating such a mistake, so any advice would be great :)

Back