• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9200SE VS fx 5200 asap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkitt10

ok my brother bought Splinter cell pandora's box only to find that our geforce 2 mx 400 cant cut it so we are going to buy a new card for the desktop today

we called the local computer shop and we have a choice

Radeon 9200SE

or

GeForce FX 5200

they are within 10 dollars so price doesn't matter but which card will be better for gaming and such

thank you...please dont post which card we SHOULD get thats not on the list
(id be getting a 9600 :p)

please pick which one :D

thank you

PS yes this is in wrong section but i need an answear in half an hour..thank you

eh, i would go for the 5200.

what you SHOULD get is a ... ah nevermind you said not to...

ok so now what dhould i do with my geforce 2 mx/mx 400

my dad said for me to sell it but i dont they go for much over 10 bucks

mine does have the fana nd its a 64 mb card

what do you guys think

Eww, 5200. Well, splinter cell uses the core heavily, and that card is only castrated via the ram. You should expect 800x600, low to be playable, maybe even 1024. You can get about $10 off of the Gf2 in the classifieds.

The 9200se don't support dx9.0, but in most cases the FX5200 is not fast enough to run new games, I sold my geforce 2 mx200 for $25 about a month ago, sell to a friend or someone you know, and make sure you know what their going to do with it so you don't get blamed if the card doesn't run Doom 3.

Any ATI below 9600 is not DX9, 5200 will do it, but not well. Kinda funny cause a 9500 will blow away a 5200 but not do DX9.

my bad had bad info, looked it up you're right 9500 and up is dx9 compliant. Either way 9200 is no good especially since it's an SE.

dkitt10 said:
ok so now what dhould i do with my geforce 2 mx/mx 400

my dad said for me to sell it but i dont they go for much over 10 bucks

mine does have the fana nd its a 64 mb card

what do you guys think

Sell it on ebay as :

NVIDIA GEFORCE 2!!!!!!!!! MX400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with the big letters, and stuff, someone will feel obligated to buy it and think it is fast ;)

Back