• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DX9C killed my O/C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

Well not actually KILLED, but I had to back off 10mhz on core to make my GeForce 3 stable again :(
In HALO I would get all kinds of odd stuff. Funny thing is... say I get weird crap happin in HALO... none of it ever happens in any other game only HALO :-/

O well all is still good, 6800 here I come!

You still need DX9 to be installed to play the DX9 games, however, installing DX9C is unlikly to make the card less stable at a given speed, I certainly have no idea how it would accomplish that. A more probable reason for having to lower your overclock would be temperature, remember it is very hot and sunny at the moment (especially in england, finally it's sunny!)

I think the problem is your card. It does not support DX9 at all. Time for you to upgrade.... wink wink...

To remove directx9c and revert to 9b....

Simply delete the Directx key in your windows registry. This will trick windows to thinking that only Directx8.1 is installed and, therefore, you can gladly reinstall your 9b drivers. I myself recieved all sorts of wierd problems with the 9c drivers and as such have reverted back to 9b, most likely until I upgrade to a next-gen card or computer. Good Luck!

deception``

I'm not too sure about the 6800 non ultra, not GT version. It does sonds like a good performer, but it has only 128mb vid memory. Personally, I will invest a little more for the 256mb. Games now need more memory than ever.

Back