• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do multiple monitors work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
I'm just curious how my GF4 works. I have my main monitor connected to my VGA port, and the other one is on my other port, the long one..

I was pushing buttons around in power strip and I noticed that it shows my main monitor using Direct 3D, while my other one uses openGL. Or atleast it looks like it says that.

Each of my monitors are independant. At this very moment that I am typing this I am also watching a movie. So how can my video card do it? Does it break up its resources accordingly or what? Because it shows each display has the full 250/513.

So I'm just wondering what the inner workings are of my card... :)

So you have a Nvidia GeForce4 video card? Which drivers do you have? Cause with the latest Nvidia drivers you would just have to enable Nview. It will run you through a setup procedure which will is a very simple thing to do. You'll have the chance to set up your desktop spanned across both displays or to clone the desktop, so the same thing is on both monitors.

Did you read my post?

I am using the latest Nvidia drivers. I am having no problems like you are making it sound. I have it set on independant monitor, not clone, or as one.

I was just wondering how it did it. :)

Back