• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ghost work on sata?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So long as you're using a new version. Previous version(s) had issues with SATA controllers, and you could get around it by a command line option. The new versions dont' have that limitation anymore.

Wait so Ghost will work with SATA Raid. Will I be able to back up my system drive (my system is on a SATA raid array) to an image and then reload that image back to my array?

EDIT: Oh I have Ghost 2003 right now as part of the System Works 2003 bundle.

Last edited:
When I tried to use Ghost 2003 to image my raid setup, the system did the reboot, and then i couldn't access my raid. I had to reinstall windows on the raid drive in a different folder, then reboot and copy all data to an ata drive. Then wipe out my array and reinstall.

So then that would be a no to my question I guess. LOL. Ok so I'll keep looking for a backup software program that will work with my Raid 0 system. Thanks for the info.

I use syncback 3.2 to back up necessary files to an ata drive. Seems ok, but boggs down computer at start up until back up is complete, aprox 3 minutes.

Can I back up my system with it? Or is it used just to back up media/files? I want to be able to make a system back up that has all of my programs installed so that I don't have to reinstall them everytime I want a fresh install of windows. My system is on a SATA Raid 0 partition.

I don't think you can copy your system partition, but it will copy any folders you think are important. If it copies your system partition, it won't be a functional boot partition. It will only save the data.
I would like to image my raid array also, with all the programs installed. It would save time. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
If you have Ghost,try it.It is not officially supported but has worked on three different arrays for me.It may be backed up to another partition on an ide drive or written to cd's.There were issues when using earlier versions of Ghost but since Ghost 7 I have had no issues at all.

Sorry Ghost 7? I use the version of Ghost that came with Norton Systemworks 2003. Which version is that?

EDIT: I've opened up Ghost and looked around in the program files directory but all it says for a version number is 2003.

Last edited:
Back