• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to fold on Smoothwall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Chambers

Have a smoothwall box, Arkaine, you were telling me it was possible to get it to fold? Anyone have a link or mind telling me how, I did some google'ing but didn't come up with anything.

all you have to do is download the client for it.

what kind of smoothwall box is it, i don't even bother folding on my 266

OMG nice case! Ive tried folding on mine, it works ok. You need 2 programs wince your in winders, Winscp3 its a kinda ftp based on ssh. You also need putty wich is a ssh client so you can log into the box as root and gitrdone. You also need to download the linux client of f@h. First thing is enableing ssh into your smoothwall in the cp. Your password is going to be the roots password. You open up winscp and set that up with the ip and account / pw. You then have root privlige to browse the unix tree, put f@h ino any dir you want. Next you open up putty, you also login as root there, you cd your way into the dir you put it in. Then type, chmod +x FAH4Console-Linux.exe , after that is done then you type ./FAH4Console-Linux.exe to run and configure it. Hope this helps man.

i need to get my smoothwall back up sometime :X , 400mhz celeron is too slow to fold on tho, it takes me around 40mins / frame :(

Ok thanks guys i have it running now. My question is, if i restart/turn off the box, will it start folding again automatically? if not, how do i make it do that :)

Make a script- /root/execfold

#!/bin/sh
cd /your/folding/directory
./FAH4Console-Linux.exe -forcesse > /dev/null &

Be sure to
chmod +x execfold

Now add this line to /etc/inittab-

fold:3:eek:nce:/root/execfold

Back