• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me with a frustrating problem....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MorGoth

Ok, so I put together a computer for my grandmother not too long ago and when i was testing it out, it was fine, but now its having problems...such as random restarts and blue screens and what not....i thought it might have been heat so i put a new heatsink on her 3000XP, but right when after i did that, and booted into windows, i got a blue screen with this error message....

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and then it said...

Stop: 0x0000000A (0x00000004) (0x00000002) (0x00000000) (0x804fg6d4)

The memory verifed works cuz its my memory that i had been using without trouble for almost a year....is the problem power related?

thanks in advance

This seems to describe your problem... it was just there on google, don't really know anything myself...

I was getting those IRQ_blah_blah messages when my CPU wasn't getting enough vcore to boot into windows.

It may be that, or another component isnt getting enough voltage.

Are there alot of devices plugged in? like multiple cd rom devices and hardrives? Try unplugging them and see how it runs. I'd also check the PS. Make sure its beefy enough to run that CPU. If you have a top notch vid card they are big hogs.

what happens is, when i start the computer, the motherboard says (its a talking one from asus) "computer failed due to overclocking" or something....when its not overclokced at all....but then it continues to boot into windows....i dont know if that has anything to do with it or not....

its got 2 opticals, one hdd, and a radeon 9200....its a pretty crappy 400watt psu...i think that may be the problem....but i'm not sure....

those 400W should be ok. even it it was 300W it should be OK.
check the voltages in your bios though, maybe a cable on the psu is loose or something...
this is one of those problems where it will take you a while to find out which componet causes the problems! just check all the hardware...

Go intoi the event viewer and look to see if you are getting any errors for applications or the system..

Back