• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sugestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Hankey

Registered
well im thinkn about buyn a new video card and im looken to buy for about 200 or less what do u ppl sugest i dont care if its ati or Nvidia

i would say to wait for the GeForce 6600, I heard it would be around $199. or get the 9800 pro flash to XT.

right now, 9800pro. 4 months from now, 6600. paper launches are ridiculously annoying.

P.S. - 4 months is from a cynic's point of view, but frankly...it wouldn't surprise me...

Nandro said:
The problem I see with the NV 6600 is that it will have 128 bit ram as seen here:
http://www.ixbt-labs.com/news.html

second item down.
Although it says it will perform 20% better than the 9800XT and only cost $150

According to results of unconfirmed tests GeForce 6600GT performs 20% better than RADEON 9800XT.

i would be completely dumfounded if this was true. i cannot see how this is even remotely possible.

like a 9600 clocked to 600 on the core...still can't take down a 9800, no way no how.

128bit = crippled.

Back