• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Banshee Overclocking??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wilbo666

Registered
Hey guys..

I'm trying to get the best 3dMark2000 with a banshee (gotta get 15 more marks!!)

At the moment I run the card at
133 mem (def 100)
122 core (def 100)

and get 1835 (best is 1850)

The Ram runs fine at 133 (but I need to get more out of it!!)
At the moment I use PowerStrip but 133 is the max I can set the ram too.....any idears on a better program??

(p.s. put my celeron heatsink on the banshee!)

Thanks guys
Wilbo

try looking at voodoofiles.com they have what you are looking for..... I think they do :)

Since you're only looking to gain a few more points in 3DMark...

Under the following Registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | System | CurrentControlSet | Services | Class | DISPLAY | 0000 | Nvidia | Direct3D

...Look for a DWORD in the right pane of "LODBiasAdjust". If the value is "a (10)", which equates to "Best Performance" in the D3D Mipmap Detail Level section of your Display Properties, change the "a" to a "b"...right click "LODBiasAdjust" and select "Modify", change the value to "b" under Value Data. Hit F5 on your keyboard and rerun 3DMark.

Under the "Edit DWORD Value" display, you'll see "Base" which has Hexadecimal and Decimal radio buttons. Default is Hex...if you change it to "Decimal", you can change the "10" to "11" which changes the Hex to "b", same difference.

After running 3DMark, change the "LODBiasAdjust" setting back to where it was and hit F5 to refresh.

Last edited:
Back