• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

800 Celeron at 1066 Finally!!! But why are my 3DMark2001 scores so low?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

I finally for my Celeron 800 chip clocked at 1066 with a descent hsf. Thanks to the suggestions of all of you that have responded to my other posts. I settled on the Glaciator that i bought through a link on this sight. The only question that I have now.....is why are my 3DMark 2001 scores as low as they are. I ran it with my MX200 32 mb agp video card at full OC, and I only got a score of 1296. Is this really low? Or is it average. I was expecting it to be a little higher since with the processor not OC'ed I generally get around 1150-1200 scores.
My computer components are as follows:
Maxtor 30 gb hard drive 7200 rpm
Soyo SY-7VCA MB
256 MB of pc 133 PNY ram
Windows 98 SE
CardExpert MX200 32 MB AGP Video card
52X cd rom
HP 12X8X32 burner
2- 4 in. case fans
Glaciator hsf
Celeron 800 retail processor

P.S. would it do this card any good to set fast writes on?

3d mark 2001 relies more on the graphics card and not the processor, for example, my 633MHz celeron with a geforce 2mx scores 2118, a 2GHz gateway with a grfore 2 mx scores 2034 and a 1.4GHz Atherlon with a geforce 2 mx gets only 1984

the overclocker said:
3d mark 2001 relies more on the graphics card and not the processor, for example, my 633MHz celeron with a geforce 2mx scores 2118, a 2GHz gateway with a grfore 2 mx scores 2034 and a 1.4GHz Atherlon with a geforce 2 mx gets only 1984

What are you on about?
Faster is better, simple.

Zuck Gou :) said:
Yea man those MX-200s are junk.
LOL, OK I get the point. The MX200 I bought was a descent upgrade for the $50 I bought it for to upgrade from a pci Voodoo 3. And to answer the other guys question about what the card is running at, core clocks at 230, and memory clocks at 168, that is with both set at max.

Zuck Gou :) said:
Hehe sorry bro just being blunt.
No problem, I thought that it was funny, the thing is sufficient for now. At least till i am able to afford a GEForce 3 or a GEForce 2 Ultra. I appreciate your feedback and you have been helpful to me in my first month of coming to this forum. Thanks:cool:

Just an update: In 16 bit mode, and 600X800 I was able to score 2210 in 3Dmark2001. I know that is running below what the standard specs are for the benchmark, but it made me feal better. LOL

The MX200 uses a 64-bit SDR memory bus. It has HALF the bandwidth from the 128-SDR or the 64-DDR MXs.

I´m not saying it´s a bad card, only that there are better ones around. (I only say that because I have a MX200 too...)

Thanks again guys!!! Finally something that makes sense. Now I know why my buddies Creative Labs Anniahalator with 32 MB ddr kicks my cards *ss.

Sohryu Asuka Langley said:
64-bit GPU. Its not a bad card...just the slowest taht NVidia manufactures now :)

Actually, it´s not a 64-bit GPU. It´s a 256-bit GPU paired with a 64-bit memory bus.

At least I think it is...

what chipset does your MoBo have??
well, the MX-200 sucks, but not that bad...have you ALL the latest drivers for chipset/vid-card installed?

Back