• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

20-24pin adapters and SMP boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

This could have went in the PSU section but I think it will get better responses.

How many people are using a regular ATX PSU and a 20 to 24 pin adapter for EPS boards? Specificaly wondering about the Asus PC-DL. I have a Antec True550 ATX PSU and would hate to drop another 100+ for an EPS PSU.

I'm actually using a 460W 24 pin PSU that came with a 20 pin converter. If I had seen a converter for 20 pin to 24 pin I would have bought it and saved myself a whole load of cash :(

Pol.

Never skimp on power supplies. I'd rather get less RAM or a smaller Hard drive than cut corners on the power supply. You can use that 24 --> 20 convertor but EPS supplies usually supply more power than their ATX counterparts to the critical 12v rail needed by dual processor VRMs.

Well i had a 550 Watt Enermax PSU, with the EPS Adapter on the PC-DL. It worked very good actually. On my current small workstation i use a 460Watt True EPS PSU. I must say that it is a lot heavier than the Enermax.

Greetings Florian

Back