• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any bad experiences with beta drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kibo-kun

I've been hearing a lot about ATI beta drivers lately and I've been wondering...is it potentially dangerous to use them? I just don't want my drivers to give me an error or something and mess up my card. (I doubt that would happen, but I'm being paranoid for the sake of a $500~ card. :p)

I don't believe they will damage a card, but my system would reboot when using the 4.9betas.... I quickly uninstalled them and went back to my omega 2551.;)

and i forgot to mention..... things like timers to shut off your monitor don't always work with betas as well. When I tried out 4.9 betas my monitor wouldn't turn off even though my os is set to turn it off after 20 minutes of inactivity.....

hmmm, I guess I'll stick to normal drivers...including Omegas. It doesn't seem to be worth the trouble. :/ Thankies for the responses. :)

Beta's are always good to give a go at. I used to think that i shouldn't install beta's but i was wrong. If you get a beta fro ma well known company like ATi then you shouldn't have any problems with extreme instability. Give em a go.

Back