Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

shipping materials and how to?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 08-12-04, 02:29 AM Thread Starter   #1
MrBrian
Registered

shipping materials and how to?

I have to ship a sub back to klipsch for repairs. Ive never shipped anything before and was wondering where I could get some shipping materials like a box and some bubble wrap for free or cheap? Im going to ship fed ex. SHould bubble wrap and a box be enough to ship a sub? I wasnt sure where do post this. Thanks for your help in advance.
MrBrian is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-12-04, 04:07 AM   #2
JetMech

The original packaging would be perfect but your post suggests that you no longer have that. Bubble wrap is not that expensive. A Uhaul or shipping company should have some. I get it by the bag full at work unwrapping conponents from vendors (manufacturing). You might have a source like this near you as well. The box should be very stiff due to the subs weight. It might bust out of a weak box. Balled up newspapaer works too if you're careful to use it right.

Proud member of Folding@Home Team #32--Folding 24/7
"Greater love hath no man than to give up his puter(s) for science."
JetMech is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.