• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the asus 6800 'gamer edition" a GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilscow22

it has a 350mhz core and 1000mhz ram but it is called a 6800 is it really a GT?

aw crap just relized were this was when i posted. Mods please move to Nvidia section

no, it is NOT a GT

it is asus - using marketing to make you THINK you are getting a good card - a GT will out perform the Asus "gamers edition" by a good margine.

dunno whats up with NewEgg posting pics of the 6800U, im beginning to really hate newegg......

bobmanfoo, the link that chowdy posted is not an ultra pic. It is clearly a nu or gt. well in this case nu. If it was an ultra it would take up two pci slots.

if this is the item your talking about

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-121-172&depa=0

that is no where near a plain 6800.

1. it's got GDDR3, and not GDDR1.
2. it's got 256 megs of vmem.
3. it's running 1 ghz on the mem, as opposed to 700 like most 6800's NU's.
4. it's got 2 molexs.

thats a 6800GT as far as I can tell, but the 2 molexs makes it alittle different then other GT's cause only the Ultras have 2 Molex connections.
but still, the clock speeds, ram used, and amount of ram, tell me its a GT not a plain 6800.

EDIT:

Update, I just looked at Asus's website here

http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=V9999GE&langs=01

and it is indeed a plain 6800.
just a heavily modified one, no where near the specs of the plain 6800's.
this one is more like a GT then a plain 6800, but is still using 12 pipelines.
strange card indeed.

I'd love to try one of these.
if it came down in price to lower then a GT ;)

Last edited:
dicecca112 said:
bobmanfoo, the link that chowdy posted is not an ultra pic. It is clearly a nu or gt. well in this case nu. If it was an ultra it would take up two pci slots.
Asus uses the same hsf for both the GT and Ultra, a single slot design hsf with blue plastic and led, check their website

Back