• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT2004 hating me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chowdy

Okay, well, i've got a strange issue with UT2004. It throws errors at me. I see no reason for it either, i'm prime stable for 7HRs +, memtest stable for like 15 passes (which is overnight), and here's the kicker, i can play DOOM 3 forever. Okay, yes, doom3. The game that "uses transistors never used before by any other games". Yeah, so i'm confused. If i get a chance i'll try to get it to error on me so i can show u what it tells me. I am on the latest UT patch and latest nvidia drivers.

Where abouts does it error and does it kick you out of the game or freeze the whole machine?

Quattro said:
Where abouts does it error and does it kick you out of the game or freeze the whole machine?

It errors randomly while playing, it doesn't freeze, it just kicks me out of the game.

Uninstall-reinstall. Works wonders. I know, 6 CD's is a pain the the arse.

squads said:
unless you have the special edition :clap:

Like me :santa:

Here's the error:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-07-27_14.28]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2528 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT (6177)

General protection fault!

History: UShadowBitmapMaterial::Get <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetProjectorMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- ATerrainInfo::Render::RenderProjectors <- ATerrainInfo::Render <- RenderLevel <- DM-1on1-Albatross.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Albatross <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Last edited:
I got the same exact thing, it was because i was overclocked i believe, but it worked fine when i ran at the stock fsb :[. It shouldnt matter for you though cause you have agp/pci locks which wouldnt affect ut2004...hmm

Meh i figured if my comp was prime stable i should be fine... how lame. maybe the next patch'll fix 'er up.

David Coleman said:
Everytime I've gotten that issue with UT, it's been due to an unstable OC (usually videocard, but 1/4 of the time FSB related)

Well i'l loosen up some settings and see what happens. i Guess 7HRS+ of prime stability doesn't say much...

I always thought prime was useless as it is just memory testing. There is no other stability test like some seriously heavy gaming, SETI, and a few benchmarks.
That's what I normally do. That way you find the perfect balance.

Hope you fix it and get a completely stable overclock.

Ut2004 is very stressful on overclocked systems. I go the same error message sometimes as well.

Just underclock your overclock! :burn:

UPDATE:

Well, i guess my OC is stable. I just finished a 25 minute team deathmatch on that one tree forest map, with *32* bots. So i pretty much played the game under the near most stressful conditions possible. It was completely fine. The thing is, the newest patch causes issues in UT2004 like crazy. I just did a reinstall and it's totally fine. When i patch it to the latest version, THAT'S when i get the issues. In my researching of my issue,many people have said that the new patch causes issues, including beta testers. Oh well, i'll just wait for the next patch and hope for the best.

Back