• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 4 3.06 or Pentium M 705 (1.5Ghz)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MDboyz

Registered
Hi,

I'm in the market for a laptop. However, I am thinking between the Pentium 4 3.06 and the Pentium 705(1.5GHz). Anyone recomend anything?

If you're looking for a desktop replacement (meaning you don't plan to travel much with your notebook) either one would be good. If you do plan to be mobile frequently, the Pentium M would be a much better choice. Battery life will be considerably longer on the P-M, it would probably be lighter and quieter, and it would not be a crotch scorcher.

Yea i agree. I own a DELL 9100 P4 3.0ghz. It rarely leaves the house, but the one time it did I found out that its heavy as hell, hot on the crotch, and the battery life is much less than I expected.

But if your using it as a desktop replacement then the 3.06 would be a better and possibly much cheaper decision.

Thank so much guys. I am using it at school often tho. I guess I go with the Pentium-M.

The pentium M is a great processor, it gives me problably an hour or two over P4 regular mobiles and even though it still gets hot it isn't that bad. But for gaming its pretty horrible, but it can still play the latest and greatest at around 30-40fps at decent settings.

Back