• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mx2times

Registered
Okay, I have slowly put this together for 5 months now.

A7N8X-Deluxe
AMD Mobile 2400 Barton
Ati 9800 NP
1 Gig Corsair DDR 2700

Here is my problem. When the PC boots, it only shows the CPU running at 600 MHZ. I checked the CPU_FSB jumper. Its set to 1-2. I have cleared the CMOS jumper, although I have not yet removed the battery completely. What is the problem? What silly *** little thing did I forget or overlook?

what are your bios settings?... did you try upping multi and fsb in bios? I believe if it is a mobile, it wont be recognized correctly by bios and therefore defaults are not set..
manually change multi to 15X and fsb to 133, those are defaults... and mobiles are usually 1.45 vcore, but Im not sure on that one...
Also, is that deluxe ver 2?

Whats the deal with the memory timings? Mine are set at 7-3-3-2t or something.

Im not sure what line of corsair mem you have, but i have the value select 2.5 cas 3200, and manufacturers reccommended settings for mine are 2.5-3-3-7... you can go to corsairs site and click on ramguy and post a question or search there for good timing suggestions..

Whats the difference between version 1, and version 2 of this board?

ver 2 will support 400fsb and has many less problems...although, ver1.x does have a lot of good bios mods floating around.

I have an XP 2400 mobile 45 watt CPU with a 266 fsb. So which jumper setting for the CPU? 1-2...or 2-3? What are the defaults in the bios to get it to run at its intended 1.8 Ghz speed? Since its a mobile CPU should I be setting things differently? What about the voltage?

you want the cpu_fsb connector set at 1 2 for 266 and higher which is the default setting, 3 4 is for 200 fsb only. People say they are overclocking this chip stable at 200X12 (2.4 ghz). 1.8ghz is the stock setting.

What should I up first? The fsb, or the multiplier? Should I up the voltage? I am happy if I can get 2.0 Ghz on it but I have only slight better than stock cooling. Also, what is the deal with the memory settings being a percentage?

Last edited:
Back