• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Compact Flash cards..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RP Racing

Sorry if this isnt the correct forum, but I have no idea which would be best...

OK, I'm planning on going riding (big motorcycle club ride) on Saturday. I want to take my digital camera, but seeign that my bike has no trunk or saddle bags, I would have to carry it in my tank bag. My tank bag is magnetic mount and I'm wondering if the magnets would screw up the compact flash cards and any pictures on them?

Thanks.

hmm i'm no expert, but i'd say that

A) there's potential for data to get messed up - but it isn't a sure thing - floppies can survive heavy magnet backrubs w/o any data issues, from my experience, yet they are supposed to choke up and die violent data deaths from every text i've read on the topic 0_o - I'd suggest taking a pic and giving it a try just to see for yourself first, because...

B) I seriously doubt you could permanently mess up your CF cards w/ any sort of magnet... i mean it's REAL easy to format em if you do screw up whatever data is stored in there...

again i'm no expert, but if you feel uncomfortable testing yourself, i'd put my money where my mouth is and try it out on this worthless 8MB compactflash i have somewhere in my room (I'd have to find it first tho)...

Back