• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI mobo and Gforce TI 4200 @???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frog_Qc

Hi all thx to read my thread,

ok.. i got (as u can see in my sig) a msi mobo 875p and a gforce TI 4200 i just installed my SP-94 and NB-1C and trying to overlock. :bday: .. im stock at 225... still bad

i think its cause i didnt update my chipset with the INF driver... i know that u will say me to install it and see BUT when i do that .. my vid card go from pci bus type to 4x.. and THAT cause it to have weird color in windows and i CANT play to doom3... if i play to unreal2k4 it can freeze after a while.. i tought its was cause it was to hot so i did a hole(80mm) in my acrylic side panel just in front of my vid card... i got a Leadtek A250 128 mo and its stock cooler but i put some AS5 on it... so now my heatsink is never hot and i got the same strange thing... my sys temp is around 29°c.... i tryied to downclock it.. (cause now i run it at 300/587 stock: 250/447) and its the same thing, i know its my video card the trouble cause i tested with a fx5700 and i had no problem... the bad thing is the fx5700 ultra is worse in 8x (in doom3) than my 4200 overclocked in pci mode... (withtout INF driver) so i dont understand why i can play (without bug at all) to doom3 with better result than a fx5700 ultra but i cant update my card with the INF driver to get it to 4x and have a better shipset.. so ill can overclock my cpu.... cause i cant go over 220 mhz withtout bug in prime95. my vid card do in aquamark (demo one - one option) ~18 400 its better than stock ~15 000.

so if guys have ANY idea im pretty open...

thx
Frog

upping my AGP voltage or my CPU ? For the CPU as u can see in my sig im up to 3.7Ghz hehe and yes i upped my Vcore.. but for my AGP no im at stock... but i got the stock cooling to.. so..

nice overclock on ur 4200! which cie do u have?? and u dont have any trouble with INF driver? and did u up ur Vagp?

Back