• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DOOM 3 CRASHES with 5950U - HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ricvonhelms

Registered
Hi everyone,

I have a MSI 5900XT modded to a 5950U. The card works great on all games but wont start with DOOM 3. Ive tried new drivers, etc. The game starts but eventually crashes back to the desktop with no warning and the desktop has a very bright contrast to it. Anyone know why this is?????

did you edit the doom3config.cfg file?

try uping the seta image_cacheMinK
I'm running 20024

mica

try underclocking or putting the orignal BIOS back on the card.

I dont wanna go thru all that to put the original bios back on. I dont think its BIOS related. If it was Far Cry and Painkiller would have had issues. Although i cant be certain, any other ideas??

Didnt work....

micamica1217 said:
did you edit the doom3config.cfg file?

try uping the seta image_cacheMinK
I'm running 20024

mica

tried this, still a no go...

1. This should go in the Games section, but seeing as the Doom III backlog is finally being cleared, I think I'll let it survive.

2. This does belong in the nVidia section, which is where I'ma move it.

ricvonhelms said:
I dont wanna go thru all that to put the original bios back on. I dont think its BIOS related. If it was Far Cry and Painkiller would have had issues. Although i cant be certain, any other ideas??

Doom III is supposed to activate unused resistors in the GPU. So your new BIOS could very well be the culprit.

What do you have to lose?

A note on overclocking: it is very likely that overclocked configurations that "play everything else perfectly" will start to show problems on D3 due to new usage patterns. Everyone is of course free to do whatever they want with their own hardware, but don't complain to us..

From John Carmack.

Underclock the card back to what you originally had in the first place or save often and get used to the crashes.

Back