• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unreal tournament 2004, restarts comp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SynthDelusion

Registered
when ever i try to start ut 2004 it restarts my comp after their spalsh screen comes up. nothing is o/c'd atm. I have the lastest video drivers, and am using the asus mobo drivers that came with the system. :confused:
edit* also running directx 9.0c, but it does this with 9.0b as well
I have a radeon 9600xt
barton xp 2500+
pc 3200 512x2
asus a7n8x deluxe
windows xp home

thanks for the help

Synth

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall it? maybe u have too much junk on your comp, use something like norton and try to see if it find any prob. Some registry cleaner would be good too but u gotta be careful with those.

Have u checked the UT04 troubleshooting site should be able to help u. It only happens with UT04?

EDIT:Ure sig says u have a 2500@2400Mhz have u went back to default clock?

A game causing reboots is usually a power supply or heat issue. Noticed it with any other games? What PSU do you have and what are your load temps?

I had the same problem with my system running at 2.4ghz. Loosen up MEM timings and/or add .25 to Vcore.

If that does work cheack the PSU as others recommended.

My friend's pc, (that I built) has the exact same prob, the only prog that will make it restart is AIM, yep, he opens aim....it says "signing in..." and then his system reboots. Nothing else will reboot it except that, its real odd. He tried reinstalling AIM and stuff too, same problem. His is a AthlonXP2800+ @3200+ with 512 dual channel ram, GeForceFX5200, Raid1 160 sata seagates and an antec 430watt psu....so it can't be hardware, his opens and runs UT'04 with no probs, and wow, is it fast. My pc is a stonehenge compared to his (see sig).....yeah

Maybe just maybe have you try to go to the mobo website and check for all the latest bios/driver? Long shot but hey. And I would stick with 9.0b directx.

what you can try reinstall the Video Card too. Once I was only able to play DX8 games and not DX9. Like WTF. But worked after the restall and again updating to current drivers.

Back