• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S/FSB/2600 Mobile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JPetrillo

Okay, I'm running stock BIOS:

Did the L12 Mod, started o/c'ing...

Started at 166MHz x 7.5 and worked my way up with the FSB 5MHz at a time. I left the multi low for now.

So I gradually went up making sure I could boot after each adjustment:
225MHz x 7.5 - Booted Fine
230MHz x 7.5 - Booted Fine
235MHz x 7.5 - Did not boot so then I moved back down a little
233MHz x 7.5 - Booted Fine

Now I'm about to let Memtest run while I take a shower here at 233MHz, If I get errors in memtest at 233MHz then I'll move it back down more and should be fine at 230MHz. In the meantime, what would everyone else do? I think 230MHz-233MHz is going to be my FSB MAX. Should I start trying other bioses? Should I adjust the memory timings? Should I adjust the memory voltage? I have no clue, so what would YOU do? Thanks!

EDIT:

More info, here's what everything in the BIOS is set to:

CPU FSB/DRAM ratio - Auto
CPU Interface - Disabled
CPU Core Voltage - 1.45V
DDR SDRAM Voltage - 2.6V
Chipset Voltage - 1.6V
AGP Voltage - 1.5V
Memory Timings - "Optimal" which sets it to: 10-4-3 - 3.0

Last edited:
i would start messing with the timings first..... get them low as you can running at 217fsb..... then start overclocking the fsb.... once you get to the wall then you may relax the timings to see if you can go higher.

just remembered, i saw a post not too long ago where someone was using the same memory you have and they had some weird timing that allowed the ram to go really high.... you might want to search around the forums for that thread.

I think you're thinking about Docta_Z :)

We have the same RAM, I almost forgot that he suggested setting the timings to: "2.5-3-2-8"

So in the BIOS I'm not sure if I did it right, I think so, but I changed the timings to:
Row-active delay - 8
RAS-to-CAS delay - 2
Row-precharge delay - 3
CAS Latency Time - 2.5

So is that ^ that same as saying 2.5-3-2-8?

EDIT: Okay, well thats what I adjusted it to, I couldnt boot into 140MHz, but I can boot with 236MHz now without a prob. So I'll run memtest now :) Bbiab.

Last edited:
Yuck... I just ran it at 236MHz - After 25 minutes of memtest I had 578 errors all in Test #5. That was with those 2.5-3-2-8 timings and voltage settings above :(

I want to hit 240MHz stable sooo bad, so I think I'll try a different BIOS... lets hope it dont go bad! :eek:

*fingers crossed*

JPetrillo said:
Yuck... I just ran it at 236MHz - After 25 minutes of memtest I had 578 errors all in Test #5. That was with those 2.5-3-2-8 timings and voltage settings above :(

I want to hit 240MHz stable sooo bad, so I think I'll try a different BIOS... lets hope it dont go bad! :eek:

*fingers crossed*
which bios are you using?

This is stupid. I'm *still* using stock BIOS... I just tried the 4x4 turbo by DOS method with AWDFLASH.exe and it says source file not found... whats up with that?

The person sent me "NF7D_10b4x4.BIN" so I got it on the disk with awdflash and in dos when it asks me for the source file I type "NF7D_10b4x4.BIN" and it says source file not found :mad:

I tried typing "NF7D_10b4x4.BIN" and "NF7D_10b4x4" when it asks me for the source file name... neither worked :mad:

Maybe I got a bad one, anyone else want to send me that BIOS?

Now I'm not sure if its my stupid anti virus (AVG) or not... I noticed when I looked at the backup bios file it made in dos the icon, under the file name says "File" the one I downloaded from that other person from my hotmail e-mail account says "AVG Updated File" getting :mad:er now...

Lifthanger, I got 2.9V on the memory voltage.

Okay Tebore, I'll try D10 - I got "NF7D_10.BIN" downloaded right from the real link, so if it dont work then... its my AV because this file says "AVG Updated File" as well. I'll go try the D10 now as well as 2.8V, CPU Interface on and CPC on like you said.

Yeah im in DOS with AWD flash. Time to uninstall stupid AVG, my D10 bios i downloaded right off tic-tacs site didnt work, must only mean AVG is messing it up... Lets fine out, shall we? :mad:

Lifthanger said:
sorry, you wrote 2.6V in your first post :)
NP

This is driving me crazy... AVG uninstalled now, I re-downloaded it and now the file type says "AVG.Update" instead of "BIN" or "File" - whatever that last one said that was made as the backup in DOS with AWDFLASH. Before it said for file type "AVG Updated File" This blows....

EDIT: Weird.. I just found AVG still in the reg. under a key named ".BIN File" lmao.. figures... hope that fixed it!

2nd EDIT: lol... just wanted to let you know if I'm not back my flash went bad and I'm waiting for a new BIOS chip in the mail :eek: It's going to work now.

Okay, this just sux. AVG screwed it all up.

When I make the backup file of my BIOS in DOS with AWDFLASH and then look at it in Windows, for file type it says "File"

Now - I would assume that these others bioses I'm downloading should say "File" for File Type as well, but they dont. I had AVG, and 1st it said "AVG Updated File" for File Type. I uninstalled AVG, re-downloaded the file and it said "AVG.Update" so then I searched through the reg and deleted all the AVG strings, re-downloaded the bios AGAIN and for file type it says "BIN"... why me? :(

Any suggestions? Can anyone check to see what it says on your downloaded bioses for "File Type"? It's prolly gonna say "File" watch...

Another EDIT: I should really just stop wasting my time and reformat. Now the file type is "URL:File Protocol"

Last edited:
Okay, I just reformated and it still doesnt work... forget about it.

Edit: Sure, FIGURES, after I reformat I decide to try that stupid FlashMenu prog that Abit gives you to flash in Windows... of corse it works... Well Im on 240MHz right now - booted into windows, so the madness = to normal with the happines of at least being able to boot with 240MHz.

Last edited:
I must confess, I got a little lost and didn't fully understand what you said. But as you're fine now I'm glad. Our setup is very similir (cpu and board) so which bios did you flash? and what is AVG? :)

ok for bios flash i would use winflash if your having problems w/ the floppy way.

i would suggest these settings

CPU FSB/DRAM ratio - 6:6
CPU Interface - Enabled
CPU Core Voltage - 1.65V(for starters then try higher if CPU clock goes above 2.0-2.2)
DDR SDRAM Voltage - 2.8V - 2.9v
Chipset Voltage - 1.6V -1.7v
AGP Voltage - 1.5V -1.6v
Memory Timings - well what kind of ram do you have.

also i would try trats d24 bios ot merlins d25.....(cpc enabled ones).......

Jess1313 said:
ok for bios flash i would use winflash if your having problems w/ the floppy way.

i would suggest these settings

CPU FSB/DRAM ratio - 6:6
CPU Interface - Enabled
CPU Core Voltage - 1.65V(for starters then try higher if CPU clock goes above 2.0-2.2)
DDR SDRAM Voltage - 2.8V - 2.9v
Chipset Voltage - 1.6V -1.7v
AGP Voltage - 1.5V -1.6v
Memory Timings - well what kind of ram do you have.

also i would try trats d24 bios ot merlins d25.....(cpc enabled ones).......
if this post is directed to me: thank you very much.
I've downloaded D25 rev.2.0.1 05.08.2004 Cpc On 3.19 Bpl by -=Merlin=- and will try it tomorrow. At the mo 2nd prime test is running for 2 hours with 11*210 at 1.7V in bios -> 1.65V in reality. Its strange, that 10.5*210 errored out after 1 hour.
My ram is PC4000 adata spd: DDR500 3-4-4-x.

Back