• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2c doing okay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lobo_Fox_6

Registered
i just overclocked for the first time :eh?:
fsb is 213 and its at 1.6v... right now its at 3.42ghz. is my fsb:volt proper? thanks for input.

mebe ill hit 3.6 soon! :burn:

Try to decrease that voltage back to it's default and try if it's still stable if you haven't done it already. My 3.0C goes to 3.6GHz rock stable with 1.5Vcore, so I really doubt 1.6V is not needed. So, put vcore back to it's default and increase it only if you're facing instability.

you can probably push much higher than 213fsb. also don't push your vcore over 1.65, many ppl experienced S.N.D.S when they pushed vcore beyond 1.65v.

i would say lower your vcore to 1.55v and start oc from there. mine 3.0c runs 240fsb fine @ 1.525vcore.

If you're going to overclock some more, tab the fsb upwards couple mhz at a time. And make sure you're not going any higher than 1.60 vcore (if you have good cooling you might wan't go to 1.65)

thanks a ton, right now im back to the defaults. i was getting some instability issues o_O

my system would sometimes reboot. that really shouldnt happen though if i was using more than enough voltage though... right?

anyway, ill try stepping @ 1.5 or 1.55 vcore.

also, im using the stock hs... although im planning on getting a sp97 or 120 in the future.

crap

so it seems that ive run into a bit of a problem. if i change the fsb of vcore at all, my two sata hdd's arent recognized. all my other ide stuff shows up, but no channels 3 and 4 hdd. :mad:

any help would be very much appreciated; this is pretty irritating. :(

batboy said:
Sounds like you need to set the AGP/PCI to "fix" and "66/33".

unfortunately, i already had that set :cry:

what is going on??? if anyone could help me out, id really appreciate it. 3.2 is fine, but the fact that ive got this problem is annoying. thanks

Back