• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any info on when Nvidia has 6800 Personal cinema or ATI AIW x800??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

etjr

Registered
i really would like one of the new video cards to record some stuff from the VCR and back it up on DVD instead of the VHS tapes.... Anyone heard anything on the ETA of when they either bringing in some Personal Cinema 6800's or AIW X800's?

Definately ATI will have an AiW Radeon X800 Pro at some point in the future. But I doubt they'll have an AiW Radeon X800 XT just like thy don't have an AiW Radeon 9800 XT. As for the GeForce 6800 GT Personal Cinema you're guess is as good as mine, know what I'm sayin'? :drool:

Some X800 Pro's and XT's have VIVO capability. Same Theater 200 chip that is used on the 9700 AIW and 9800 AIW.

just buy a separate tv-tuner card for $50-$100, that way you can upgrade your graphics card if you need to (prob won't happen cuz of pci express)

iwillburnbush said:
It doesn't have the TV tuner though...

Correct, but he doesn't need the TV tuner for what he's using it for, to convert VHS to DVD.

^^^ good point :)

just get an x800 VIVO - personally i think ATI is far superious in the "AIW" catergory then NVIDIA will ever be - since ATI basically invented it.

Back