• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Used kingston memory warranty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuishibo

Hi, i have the chance (and maybe the luck...) to buy a 512 mb stick of BH-5
Value Ram, the issue is that it´s used, and the guy that has this memories doesn´t have the bill of the RAM, so, if i have any problem with this memory, i don´t know if I am able to RMA it, Can i?. The official website of Kingston says this :

¨For ValueRAM memory product returns, please contact Technical Support at +1 (800) 435-0640 for RMA service and support.

Once you have obtained an RMA number from Kingston, you must, within thirty (30) days, send the product freight-prepaid and insured to Kingston Technology Company, Customer Service, 17665-A Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708, USA. Products shipped to the factory must be properly packaged to prevent damage in transit. You must include the Kingston RMA number prominently displayed on the outside of your package. If you send your product to the factory without the RMA number prominently displayed on the outside of the package, it will be returned to you unopened.¨

So, what do i need to RMA the used memory without the bill?

Thankz (Sorry for my english, im from an spanish country)

Nada in those instructions about the purchase invoice being required.

It is my understanding that Kington is pretty good about their RMAs. Technically, I believe that they can request a copy of the purchase invoice (proof of purchase), but as a practical matter, I don't think they do. You could make a "trial call" to Kingston's number, tell them you have a faulty stick and see what info they ask you for. If they ask you for purchase information, make some up and see if they request that a copy of the invoice to be included with the returned item. If they do, then you know what to expect, if they don't, then your home free.

Good luck.

Back