• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 3200+ and K8V SE Deluxe OC Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gregory_WE

I've been playing around with this setup for the past few days, and this is a pretty good plateau to rest at... I've taken it higher (2.75 GHz), but I couldn't keep low timings and 1T on at the higher FSB stable with Auto DDR voltage. Plus, there's really not much point for me since this board doesn't have AGP/PCI locks or even a working 1/7 divider and my 9700 Pro won't run 3DMark2003 with anything over 236 FSB (~79 AGP) it looks like, which is actually pretty good for it. This is 100% stable (in 2D :p) from what I've observed so far:

CPU.JPG

Mem.JPG

SuperPi.JPG

CPUArith.JPG

CPUMult.JPG

MemBand.JPG

CacheMem.JPG

I don't think it was stable at 2.7+, but I believe I was using maybe a 1.7 V Core, I really haven't done much experimentation over this 2.64.

Bought it from AMD with their combo deal (A64 3200+, K8V SE Deluxe, Thermaltake Venus 7+ heatsink, 3k RPM fan though not TT's).

I'll get to work on submitting results and all when I have time.

It's a Thermaltake Venus 7+ heatsink and I don't think it is the Thermaltake fan... I took it off and it didn't say TT on it, it runs at around 3,000 RPM's.

I'm getting 35C idle, up to around 49C full load running at 2.5 GHz (so that I can play games - at 2.64 the AGP bus speed is too high).

Well the 3400+ NewCastle is at 2.4 GHz and its multiplier would be 12, so if you used that then you wouldn't really have to worry about an unlocked mobo preventing you from maxing out the CPU. But, if you have a locked mobo, you might as well use some good RAM and up its FSB and use a 3000+ or 3200+ and their lower multiplier.

But, if you have a locked mobo, you might as well use some good RAM and up its FSB and use a 3000+ or 3200+ and their lower multiplier.

I was going to say the same thing :)

If your PC is locked.. the 3000 / 3200 will get up to those speeds NP.

*Very* nice results for an unlocked board Gregory. Thanks for posting those results.

Gregory_WE said:
Well the 3400+ NewCastle is at 2.4 GHz and its multiplier would be 12, so if you used that then you wouldn't really have to worry about an unlocked mobo preventing you from maxing out the CPU. But, if you have a locked mobo, you might as well use some good RAM and up its FSB and use a 3000+ or 3200+ and their lower multiplier.

Erm, sorry if I'm wrong, but how can an A64 be locked?
They are multi- free in the only necessary way, down :D- at last that's what I know. Hmm, it is time...

referring to agp/pci lock. his is way out of spec. what types of hard drives are you running?

ogboot said:
referring to agp/pci lock. his is way out of spec. what types of hard drives are you running?

Oh, my bad, I didn't think about them as I do not intend to have a board without working locks ;)
(if I was meant with your HDD- question, I'll run my 120GB and 80GB Seagate P-ATA)

I'm just using a standard IDE hard drive. If I was using SATA or RAID I would be having issues at that FSB since it's unsafe.

what do you think my results should be around? i have a combo, with ocz pc3200 eb 2gig kit, timings are 2.5. 3, 2, 8, what should i set this to for the cpu to oc also?

also, are these m/b's dual channel? if so which slots?
also what bios version are you running?

Last edited:
unreal said:
what do you think my results should be around? i have a combo, with ocz pc3200 eb 2gig kit, timings are 2.5. 3, 2, 8, what should i set this to for the cpu to oc also?

also, are these m/b's dual channel? if so which slots?
also what bios version are you running?

Oh my god, are you one of these guys who buy everything and don't have a clue what the things they bought could do?

Well, set your RAM 1:1 and try to get your "FSB" or whatever your mb tells it up- I think you can start with 210MHz
I do not comment your last sentences...(oh, I already did... :bang head )

i do and have oc'eed plenty of systems before, i just like to make everything runn smoothly by asking, shish..

No, socket 754 is single channel. Socket 939 is dual channel.

I am using the 1004 BIOS from ASUS (just released a few weeks ago).

Back