• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S big problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

OK I just got done installing my vga waterblock. I put everthing back together and I boot. It boots. But somthings wrong. It take the mobo about 3 minutes to get to the part where it trys to find a boot record. Everything is so slow. And I can't boot so far. It seems that it couldn't find my boot record on my hd. So I booted from a cd to a linux install and installed linux. Well so far I can't boot to the newly installed linux.

I have tryed clearing the cmos. Nothing different. I downloaded the newest bios but I havn't been able to get it to boot from the floppy yet so I cant try. Whats happening!!!

man, grab your mobo manual and go thru each step very slowly, checking your installation of everything. I'd reset my memory and your agp & pci cards.

OK well I found the problem. This mobo has had problems ever since I got it from ebay. First the audio started going, then the lan, now the IDE controller. If I have an ide hard drive hooked up to the system I does this and it refuses to boot from ide. I did flash it to the latest bios (25) but it didn't help.

I was able to install XP again because I have 2 sata drives that it will boot from. I basicly can't use IDE. That blows. I just went to newegg and bought the NF7-S2 because I need a board that isn't loosing features every month. I would just send the board in to Abit for a checkup but I don't think they would like the mosfett heatsink, or the remanents of rtv sealent on my motherboard from my past endevors with subzero cooling.

Well I do have some good news, my new water setup seems to work fine, I'll post pics in the water cooling forum when the digital camera arrives. ($99 at amazon)

I really didn't want to put any money into new parts for the computer beause I just want to save up for a whole new computer a year or two down the road. I think my computer will be able to serve me just fine for awhile longer. Like when PCI-E, DDR2 mature some more...and i have a job.

Back