• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 Pro--->XT or 6800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slurve

Registered
I have between 200-300 dollars to spend upgrading my video card...I have an amd 64 3000+ running @ 2.250 ghz, 512mb Mushkin Black Level 2 ram on a gigabyte nforce 3 board.... What video card should compliment the system? Any adivce or other cards thoughts appreciated

I had an actuall 9800XT which was OC'ed and have a 6800NU now. The 6800 would handily win in most cases IMHO. I sold the XT for the funds to get the NU so I cant see them side by side, but from everything I remember the NU is a better card.

Slurve said:
I have between 200-300 dollars to spend upgrading my video card...I have an amd 64 3000+ running @ 2.250 ghz, 512mb Mushkin Black Level 2 ram on a gigabyte nforce 3 board.... What video card should compliment the system? Any adivce or other cards thoughts appreciated

Welcome to the forums!!!!!

What will you be doing most with the system? If it's gaming then go for the 6800. For most other applications I'd go with the 9800 and save the extra money.....

I might interprete your thread title wrong but im going to assume you are asking this coming from a 9800 pro, in which case i would say you should probably NOT buy anything right now. the 6800np is a better card, certainly better than the 9800 xt but i wouldnt expect to get a fantastic value out of that card at all. if you really want to upgrade, i would save your money untill you can afford a gt, or wait to see what happens with the half generation. im sure something much more interesting will come out, as the current top models are surely to be replaced in much the same way the 9700 was with the 9800 within like... months of its release.

if your looking for high end performence, dont go in with a budget, save your money untill you can actully buy somthing worthwhile. thats my 2cents. if i had a 9800 pro right now, i would be pretty happy.

Back