• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF2 Dual Channel query again ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

inf0war

Hi,

So which memory slots are for dual channel on this smashing board? There are so many opinions that I am overwhelmed.

From what I can see channel 1 & 2 slots are purple and slot 3 is blue. This could mean that slots 1 & 2 are alike and therefore designated for dual channel.

If you disagree please suport your answer with hard evidcence.

Perhaps the best way to test is through benchmarking the memory in different slots. Which benchmark is most suitable?

Also would like to mention that O/c my xp2500 by rasing the FSB to 200mhz! Now running @ 3200 specs! :attn: Temp only at 45'C idle. :beer: Great stuff but the vulcano 9 cooler is already at idel @ 4000rpm. :drool: Thinking about a more quiet cooling solution that doesnt brake my bank. Please adivse.
On the down side it hang up already, at heavy load, twice. Countered by increasing core voltage to 1.70v. Hope that will slove the trouble. :bang head

You should always use the slot closest to the processor for one of the sticks and you can use either one of the remaining 2 slots for the 2nd stick. But like you said, you can try either one to see which one is better for your setup.

I use Sandra Memory bandwidth to bench my RAM.

according to the manual you should start at slot 3 and work backwards..... so if you only have two slots with ram it should be the two slots farthest away from the cpu

It would help if we knew which nf2 board you have, but I know for a fact that for my NF7-S, as houserat said, one stick has to be in the third slot (the one furthest from the cpu) and the other can be in either of the other two. So you would need one in a blue slot and one in a purple slot. Sandra may not work too well with an AMD nF2 system solely because the difference between single and dual channel really isn't that big with these platforms. Use memtest to test if you're in dual/single; the difference between single and dual channel is literally like, double the bandwidth in it.

tyson-chris and HousERat are right. I just looked at my RAM sticks and they are in slots 2&3 (the slots furthest from the CPU). :thup:

It's been over 6 months since I've touched my RAM.

For DC mode, use the slot furthest away for the first stick and either one of the remaining 2 slots for the second stick.

Back