• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey guys! new to group!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oknitro

whats up all?
hey i gotta question..you prolly heard it a million times! But I have an Emachines puter i bought in dec 2003, dont laugh, its been super since day 1! any way, ive loaded it up (i think so anyway!)
athlon xp 2600
1gb ddr (2 x 512)
lg dvd-rw
cdrw
120gb hdd & 10gb hdd for XP only
SB audigy LS
GeForce 5200 128 ddr video

..and i dont know much about fsb and the sorts, to get to the point, how can i OC this thing? i have 520w power supply and 2 fans, 1 on ps and 1on cpu, side panel is off case too. any help would be great! thanks.
ps - who used ComfortablyNumb as their handle!?!?!? I wanted it, but it sed it was taken! damn!

Hi, welcome to the forums :)

The basics: CPU speed = FSB x multiplier. You overclock by increasing either the multiplier or FSB.

If you got that PC in December 2003 there is a good chance that the CPU is Superlocked, meaning that you cannot adjust the multipliers. All CPUs produced around about week 42 or later of 2003 are superlocked.

Have a look in your BIOS setup screen (when you hit F2/F1/Del/esc whatever at boot up time). Are there any options like:

- CPU frequency adjustment
- Bus frequency adjustment
- CPU ratio adjustment
- CPU multiplier adjustment.

Back