• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time and Again.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N3D2000

Disabled
I see people knocking water cooling because it isn't cost effective. Well some of us don't care about the cost and just want to see if we can do it. I mean honestly...... who cares about the bang for the buck when you get to do it yourself?

Let's see watercooling = Under $100 if you do it right. One time cost, maybe have to buy a new pump every year or so.

You could go the HSF route, but let's take a deeper look.

$30 to replace stock HSF

Find out that one you bought isn't that great and you get a newer one - $35

Buy faster processor and learn the old HSF doesn't quite handle it well - $40

Find out the HSF died on you - $40 to replace

and so on, and that's just in one year. Let's see, constantly replace and upgrade your HSF or invest in a one time watercooling rig... hmmmm. That's a toughie.

~RT~

Watercooling isn't about cost effectiveness.

Its all about that look you get from people when you tell them that you 'water cool' your system. Its kind of a cross between a 'What the h*ll did you say?' and 'Have you had too much crack today?' look. Priceless .. heh

James

RedneckTech said:
Let's see watercooling = Under $100 if you do it right. One time cost, maybe have to buy a new pump every year or so. ~RT~

Nearly all aquarium pumps my friends and relatives own have lasted at least 3 years -and those were the cheap ones. My bong cost me under US$50. 100% DIY.

Back