• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI/NV Silencers available at Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your not the only one I'm trying to find a place that sells cheaper I'd figure the top ones around 30 bucks but not $45 with shipping arg.

deathman20 said:
Your not the only one I'm trying to find a place that sells cheaper I'd figure the top ones around 30 bucks but not $45 with shipping arg.

Damn newegg... SVC will have them soon hopefully.

bobmanfoo said:
instock, runs from $30-$40
link
im waiting for them to sell msrp, damn newegg

wow they are gouging on anything cool now...

new egg sux eggs.

they are probably gonna run out...

I ordered one :mad: anyway..DANG YOU New Egg!!!

Last edited:
WOW...$42.99

the damb thing better be unreal compared to my $16.99 silencer ver3 that fits my x800pro.

I'll wait for the results thank you.

mica

YES!!! THEY'RE OUT!!! FINALLY!!! :drool: although they are a very very pricy... :bang head

$49 after shipping.... :eh?:

should i get it? i've been waiting for a long time....

edit: OMG!!! they went to $51 after shipping now!!! i think i'll just wait a day or two :( hopefully it will drop

Last edited:
Dc5e said:
YES!!! THEY'RE OUT!!! FINALLY!!! :drool: although they are a very very pricy... :bang head

$49 after shipping.... :eh?:

should i get it? i've been waiting for a long time....

edit: OMG!!! they went to $51 after shipping now!!! i think i'll just wait a day or two :( hopefully it will drop

man, get the ver3 and save major bucks.

mine lowerd temps by about 10c at full load, as compared to stock cooling.
that's a huge price differance for what might be a small differance in cooling.
(say about only a 1c or 2c differance in cooling.)

mica

well, it has built in ramsinks too which i'm really looking forward too... plus its a one time buy, why not just get the "best"?

i'm so tempted to buy it

edit: i ordered it :p

Last edited:
I am oh so tempted to buy one for my GT... :burn:
Not sure if it's worth it over the dual fan layout thing design though so i'll wait for others to test. ;)

Nice, however expensive. I'll be getting one for my -soon to come- 6800GT. That and some ramsinks will be nice! (if they dont come with any, for some reason under the description it says there isn't ramsinks? :eek:)

well, they're not really sinks, but somewhat more like heatspreaders, i'm pretty sure they contact the ram, because a preview on these had that.

Basically on the front where the core mounts, the copper also contacts the ram, but in the back instead of copper its a big aluminum piece. The copper and aluminum are grooved right where the ram should be so it would contact.

This way i won't need to make or get my own ramsinks and put them on and it'd be part of the cooler too :)

wow, those are sexy vga silencers. But super pricey, for that price, its not worth it. And only select coolers have integrated memory cooling as well. but it does offer a copper base as opposed to the ver. 3. Actually, if u have a radeon 9500, 9600, 9700, or 9800(non pro/xt) or a geforce TI, fx5700; u can get the cooler for 29.99+shipping.

Last edited:
Dc5e said:
well, they're not really sinks, but somewhat more like heatspreaders, i'm pretty sure they contact the ram, because a preview on these had that.

Basically on the front where the core mounts, the copper also contacts the ram, but in the back instead of copper its a big aluminum piece. The copper and aluminum are grooved right where the ram should be so it would contact.

This way i won't need to make or get my own ramsinks and put them on and it'd be part of the cooler too :)

see, this is when we agree and disagree....

while it does make contact with ALL the ram, it now is also absorbing ALL the heat.
copper is great as a base plate, yet it's heat pipe is still aluminium and is far shorter then the old ver3.
(about half the size)
it is this heat pipe, that the fan will now have to cool off both the GPU and the added heat of the memory (at least the memory on the GPU side of the card).
the memory on the back side seems to only contact that heat spreader....
and that heat spreader doesn't realy have any way of cooling off, other then maybe some added case cooling or added sinks (or a combo of both).

the way I see it...
if you don't have great case cooling, adding ram sinks might be needed to help cool off the ram faster.
(yes the heat spreader will absorb the heat from the ram, but could someone tell me where that heat will go once it starts getting real hot?
that heat spreader seems more like a base plate (that has no fins to wisk heat away) and could retain heat for far longer periods of time then say some ram sinks.

look at any hard core modder, and his cards will have HUGE ramsinks...why?
why doesn't he just add a HUGE base plate?

do I think that the new VGA silencer ver4 for the ATI x800's are crap?
no.
I just don't think we need to jump all over them without "SEEING" some results from some websites first.
after all, they are not cheap.

just my two cents.

mica

I will let you know, I got one on the way....

Since it has built in ramsinks its not that expensive really..

figure ramsinks cost 16.00 +22 for the old one equals 38.00

this one has copper and larger more powerful fan ...so its a wash..

we will see how it does

I dont think so, its one big peice of copper as the baseplate. unless you want to cut it off physically, your stuck with the integrated ramsinks.

Thats kind of pointless, I wish they'd give you that option (like make some with them, some without). I'd rather use OCZ copper ramsinks myself.

Back