• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2800 barton help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vanhelsing

Hi all
Im not really into overclocking (as i dont have a clue)

My prblem is that i have the following,,
2800 xp barton chip ,asus A7V8X BIOS Revision 102

in the bios the chip is reading as running at 2083 mhz
but whjen i run such as cpuinfo it only showing up as 2070 mhz als its showing the same in windows systerm 2.07 mhz is this correct or am i losing out ..
im running windows xp pro
768 400ddr adata ram
2800 xp barton (dont know if its unlocked never looked or tried to overclock)

here are my bios settings as they read

Cpu speed 2083 mhz
Cpu multiple frequency 12.5 (greyed out)
Cpu external frequency 166/33(greyed out0
memory frequncey auto (greyed out)
Cpu Vcore setting auto (greyed out)
cpu Vcore 1.65(greyed out)

are these settings correct for my set up if not anybody got any help,advice,

thanks for any help for this problem
thanks again

Welcome to the forums! Dont worry your readings are perfectly normal. Its just that the FSB is technically supposed to be 166.66666 recurring for this cpu which gives you a theoretical stock frequency of 2083Mhz. The cpuinfo is just giving an approximate reading based on a FSB of around 166 hence the reason why it quotes 2070Mhz. As you are not into overclocking then the setting you have are fine and there is absolutely no problem as it is running correctly. Should you ever wish to overclock let us know and we can guide you further!

Please help me to overclock my systerm

Hi oc detective
thanks for the reply

Where do i need to start to over clock this systerm

My cpu hfs is now a thermaltake volcano 12 with a ducting mod (havnt put the ducting on yet dont know wether its worth it yet what do you think)

my psu is now a 560 watt thermaltake pure power

thanks for anymore help

vanhelsing, your psu and hsf are both pretty good, the ducting mod will most likely help keep the processor cool, so there's no harm in doing it. As far as where to start, there is a overclocking guide that is a sticky when you first get into the cpus forum. It's pretty good, just make sure to take steps slow, especially when you get above a 200 fsb. Good luck, and be sure to ask if you need any help.
Kevin

correct me if im wrong but his board doesnt have a agp/pci lock, if his barton is locked (which 99% sure it will be) then hes not going to get far.

Back