• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant change multi new 2400m

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_SiNiC

Registered
Greetinga all.. Long time lurker here.

I just a new 2400m from newegg to replace my ageing unlucked 2400 t-bred.

Drop the mobile into my rig and boot up and defualt settings and into windows now prob. Restart to change setting sto multi 10 and FBS to 200 and restart and notta just a black screen. Clear Cmos and try 10x 166 and boots up no prob. Im like WTF i got a bum a chip till i load up CPU-Z and see im running at 2255mhz 13.5x 166. I reboot and check and multi sais 10x in bois but boots up as 13.5 no matter what settings i select :mad:

So am i missing something here? Am i supposed to do anything else to be able to change multi on a mobile 2400??

My MoBo is a MSI KT6-Delta.

Nope it should work like normal.

Perhaps you got scammed and sent a Barton 2400 rather then a Mobile.

Welp did some research over at the MSI furoms and found out that the KT6-Delta cant change multis on CPUS with a defualt multi thats over 12.5.

What a damn shame. Back to the tried and true t-bred @ 12x200

But you can easily mod the cpu's L3 bridge or do a pin mod so you get access to the multis 12.5 and below !

Last edited:
This is because the AMI bios sets the multiplier to the maximum PowerNow multiplier on boot (13.5x on your chip). The only way to change the multiplier to something higher is mod the L6 bridges, or edit the BIOS. The L3 has no effect on these boards.

Yes but if the L6's were closed that would default it to the L3's no? Or worst case scenario give a multi of 11?

Last edited:
If all the L6's were closed, then it would boot at 11x. The standard maximum is 13.5, so the available multipliers through filling only are

In reply to your original statement, no, the L3 doesn't affect the range available to PowerNow ;)

OC Detective said:
Maybe but actually if you do some adjusting with the L5 bridges you can access all multis from 3 to 24 as if it were a desktop
http://fab51.com/cpu/barton/athlon-e23.html
If he overrides L6 by L5 bridge, then it would switch immediately to 24x after startup. He has to change L6 to lower multi or "kill" L5 mobile bridge to make it regular desktop (as emboss said).

BTW, has he tried BIOS update? MSI KT880 Delta with newest BIOS does not do this.

Back