• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6 fan fanbus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dwango

Registered
Thanks to Colin for the idea. Dad built it for me. :) It uses 6 LM317 voltage regulators.

fanbus1.JPG

Each LM317 has its own pot (the metal knob on the bottom of the panel (though in that picture its still knobless)). The switches are DPDT (two poles - one for the fan power, another for the LEDs). switch all the way down is the regulated power, switch middle is off, switch up is full 12V from the power supply. The LEDs switch from red -> off -> green respectively.

fanbus2.JPG

A top view showing the fan output jacks and the row of heatsinked LM317's.

fanbus3.JPG

A view from the side. I found this nifty tray at Dad's office. It used to hold a hot-swapable tape drive or something.

I couldn't find an onboard molex power connector anywhere, so it's just got a wire. most of the stuff came from the local Active Electronics, except for the switches, which were a cheap $1.30 each at www.allelectronics.com, and the LEDs which I couldn't find locally.

That is SUPER nice! Congratulations on an impressive mod!

Now.. heh.. could you post the plans for how to make one identical to it? If you could 'dumb it down' for us non-electronically inclined guys.. I would really appreciate it :). I could even put a little sticker on it 'Design by Dwango/Colin' ... heh.

James

If you do decide to release the full plans for it.. I would appreciate you emailing me at [email protected] with them.. or with notice that you posted them to the forum. Sometimes the posts on this forum scroll by before I get off of work and I'm afraid that I might miss it :)

James

SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET( one for each switch)

nice plz post plans or have your dad build me one ;) :p

post it in altmod section too.

Still busy constructing the machine...
Will see what I can do when I finish :)

Back