• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best PCI Video Card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wraith

Like the title said, I need to find out what the best PCI video card is. My girlfriend got ripped off by Dell and has some crappy onboard intel chip.

I was thinking Radeon 9200 128, for 98 dollars...anything cheaper or faster?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

BTW- Her current Intel Chip is getting 2k in 3dmark 99 on a 2.8 GHZ chip :cry:

She really needs the card for Myst Uru

Well, you might be able to find an FX5600 PCI version or even a 9600 PCI, but the 9600 PCI is very rare, and I've only come across it once or twice.

You can get a FX5600 PCI for around 110, and it will give you a bit of an improvement over the 9200. Also, you can get a 9100 PCI (basically the same as a 8500) for around 60, and this will outperform the 9200 as well.

I'm feeling too lazy to link, but I found all these at www.pricewatch.com in the search. Make sure to check the store rating at www.resellerratings.com before purchasing.

Yup, I was going to suggest either the 8500/9100 (same basic card) in PCI form, or else the FX5600. Those 9600 PCI cards are UBER rare, and if you somehow found one, it would probably cost a fortune since nobody can get them ;)

I'd say go for the 5600 if you can find it, it will probably do just as well as the 8500/9100 in older games, and will more than likely be faster in newer games. Otherwise, the 8500/9100 is certainly a good bet.

Not bad, I was shying away from teh 9200 since I have a 9200 SE 256 in my downstairs computer, and the damned thing is clock locked, and gets about 4k in 3dmark. The thing is just dirt slow, I cant se the PCI being better.

So its 5600 if I can find it, otherwise 9100? What card will I do better Ocing with, I plan on tweaking it to the max before I leave for basic training so she can enjoy some games.

Frylock said:
Why do you want PCI and not AGP?

-FrL-

he doesnt have an agp slot Duh!!!111oneone!!1 lol, yeah 5600. then 9200 then 5200.

Back