• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What settings in control panel?!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

100mbHD

Im new to ATI and was wondering what i should set my settings at in the control panel to achieve good performance, and highest 3dmark scores. And would changing any of these settings help my clock speeds on my card? Thanks.

OpenGL.bmp

OpenGL settings

Direct3D.bmp

Direct3D settings

Set it to performance to get better 3dmark scores. I've heard that if you turn fast write off it's possible to ge better oc.

ahh, fast writes off in bios? does that affect anything big? any other settings that can optimize performance? thanks

With the fast write off your supposed to get higher clocks, and if you've set the 3d options to performance it should get you good performance, I think that is about it. What score are you getting?

I get great scores in 3dmark01 for my 9500 > 9700 (344/311): 18051. But I know that 3dmark01 is more CPU dependent. But in 3dmark03, i get around 5500. I am expecting to break the 6k mark. 3dmark03 is more graphics dependent but Ive seen other flashed 9500's break the 6k mark. Im thinking its my low clock speeds. How much more of a clock do you think i can get with fast writes off?

My 9500 gets only in the 5300 area maxed out. Its not the greatest overclocker, so dont despair if your results are similar.

3dmark is direct3d, so when you run it, you only have to adjust D3d. Just move all the sliders to the left, and select application preference for AA and AF. When gaming however, I move the bottom 4 sliders to the right(vsync is your friend), AF at 16x(makes a big difference in texures) and 0-2x AA, depending on what I play. With these settings I get 20fps in Doom3 at ultra high.

Do you have fast writes off? if so, when you turned them off, did that help your overclock? and when you ran 3dmark03, did u have direct3d set to optimal performance?

fastwrites really dont do anything but maybe hinder your oc. turn them off. set the sliders to performance for benching and app. preference for gaming, i think that's all you need to do.

Back