• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my cpu overclockable ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamevoodoo

I have a compaq presario 6000, p4 2.4, is it overclockable ???

if it's possible, give me some instruction or some links please .

All CPU's are overclockable.. the thing to ask is how much can they overclock. Batboy is probably right about the motherboard tough... :beer:

Last edited:
Well, you might be able to overclock the CPU through a software overclocking program, such as SoftFSB. However, you have to be extremely careful, and you need to know the exact specs of your motherboard, especially that of the PLL's.

Edit: This thread in the OC-Forums will give you a great deal of info on how to overclock a prebuilt computer such as what you have.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=223775

Last edited:
With common pre-built systems like Dell, HP, Compaq, etc the system is not overclockable by normal means in it's current state. As was stated, if you put the CPU in an overclocker friendly board like an asus or abit, then you can see what it could really do.

Does anyone know if something licked a hacked Dell BIOS would allow overclocking options?

Back