• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux *MISC. LAPTOP/Tablet PC* and drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrashOveride

So how are linux drivers for laptops? Tablet PCs?

I would like to get some sort of tablet pc that I can write notes on somtime... eventually.. for college... a ways away :p and I was wondering if anyone knows how the driver situation is with both... or a place to keep my eye on or take a look?

- I would'a asked in drivers but it's not a super specific question and there are not posts there (of course I may be adding to the problem... so feel free to move).

Usually modems and power-management features don't work so well on laptops. There is software for palms to link into linux installed on PC's/laptops- kpilot, jpilot are two names that come ot mind.

I have no experience using these things in Linux though (except a couple of lappies).

If you mean to run Linux on a prospective laptop you haven't bought yet, you're gonna need to choose a Linux friendly laptop. Some laptops are very unfriendly to Linux, others work great. Its just a matter of what hardware is inside.

Check out http://www.linux-laptop.net

Back