• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I push this 3.0c higher?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billiam

This is currently my rig:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3021293#post3021293

I cant get it to be stablein prime95 with 250 fsb w/ 1.6 v. My memory setting is set to 2.5 4 4 8. This computer has been running for about 2 hours now. Any suggestions? My goal is to get at least 3.75 ghz. at 240fsb, the idle temperature is about 36 degrees.

*How can i run 2 instances of prime95, so that it will use 100% of my cpu. It seems to be stable at 240fsb. Also, what program do you guys use to check voltages? I cantremember what it is called. I tried using CPU-Z but it didnt show my voltage, it was blank

Last edited:
You need to install Prime95 to two different directories, and then run both of them. Try to set vcore 1.6250 or 1.6500 For water cooling they should be safe, but don't go higher than 1.650.

There's seweral good programs to monitor your voltages;
Abit EQ
Motherboard Monitor
SpeedFAN

Sjaak said:
did you upped the ram / agp (nb) voltage yet?

no i havent, do i need to? i have pc4200 ram. I tried running it at 1.625 at 250, and it was still unstable. Im worried to goto 1.650. Should i? Im getting 43c on full load when i overclock it to 240, and 38 idle. Im guessing that temp will drop over the next few days, because the thermal paste has just been applied a few hours ago.

I used mbm to monitor the voltage. At 1.600, it was reading 1.58. If i do 1.650 i think it will be safe, but from what i read its risky. What do you guys recommend?

Last edited:
Tried 1.65v @ 250 and seemed to run fine. I tried 260 at the same volt, and it froze at login screen. Running Prime95 @ 257 to see if it is stable. Any other suggestions? My goal i to get 260 without overkilling it.

Try to up the agp a little. The agp slot shares voltage with the north bridge, thats the reason for this.

Whats the ram voltage?

ram is 2.6
agp is 1.55

ive never heard of upping the agp voltage to increase fsb.

update:
Wow, i upped ram to 2.65 and agp to 1.60v and it booted into windows at 250fsb with 1.625v (1.60v on mbm)

Should i increase the voltage to 1.65 and try to hit 2.9ghz, or should i just be happy.

It says that my nb core is at 1.65 in mbm. is this safe?

Also, what is pwm in mbm?

I tried 1.625 at 247 and it failed. Looks like this chip sucks :/

Last edited:
It says htat my mosfets are 100c then.. this is awfully high. what are mosfet for?
is 100c safe?

Last edited:
The mosfets are the hottest part of the board. 100c is dam hot, I've never measured mine so I can't compare. I believe the mosfets regulate power through out the board.

With the agp voltage, 1.65 is safe, 1.7 is the max. You need to make sure you have good cooling on the north bridge.

Allways remember not to get to greedy with Oc'n unless you have extra cash to spend just incase one of your components goes south.

100 degrees sounds like a misread to me. mine are usually 34 degrees idle and about 40 load. if they really were 100 degrees, your mobo would be dying

i upped my agp voltage to 1.65 and now i can get to 3.5 from 3.0 at just 2 settings over stock. and its stable. but im at a wall so im not goin farther. dont want high temps.

I seem to be stuck at 243fsb to make it stable. MBM is reading the vcore at 1.61. Should i up it so that mbm says it is at 1.65v (which in bios would be 1.675) or should i just keep it as it is. Im getting idle temps of 29c, full load at 35c.

100C for the mofsets is impossible (I wish for you!)

Mine on my IC7 with the same voltages as you read 45C.

im at 244 at 1.65 and at 247 at 1.67, but for the summer i am running it at 1.65 at 244fbs, ddr voltage is at 2.7v, agp is at 1.65.
-ram timings are 2.5-6-4-4 and all gat setting on auto

Hm, would gat settings effect my overclock? I thought GAT was for ram, and my ram should be able to handle this.

Back