• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cable Routing, and the 5 W's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{pdX}Canadatron

I've been having a lot of heat issues lately and was wondering how some of you make the insides of your case so spic and span. Where do you thread the wiring usually? Where is a "safe" place to rout the wires and cables? Any info is a help and I'm sure plenty of others can benefit from this thread as well. :attn:

Well it depends on a couple things like your case and mobo. I tend to run fan wires and temp probe wires under the mobo. Theres plenty of room due to the standoffs. I also run my temp probe wires through the HS mounting holes. This makes it a bit of pain when removing the mobo but that does'nt happen too often.As for the PSU wires its a bit of a trick to hide em. Use lots of snap ties to keep things tidy and out of the way. Also before you use the snap ties try a little scotch tape to hold the wires ans then make sure every thing can be hooked up. Its a real pain to have to cut a snap tie so you can get two more inches of wire to reach a drive or fan. Good Luck and Enjoy.

Back